What is it, who it concerns, what are the advantages
The Superbonus is a relief, set out in the “Decreto Rilancio” that increases to 110% the deduction rate for the expenses incurred from July 1st 2020 to December 31st 2022 for specific works related to energetic efficiency, antiseismic actions, installations of photovoltaic modules or energetic vehicles charging stations inside the buildings. Additional six months until December 31st 2022 for the expenses incurred for condominium works. As for the buildings constituted by two to four different housing units, owned by either a sole proprietor or co-owned by multiple individuals, for which, prior to June 30th 2022, works representing at least 60% of the whole project have been carried out, the 110% deduction pertains also the expenses incurred not later than December 31st 2022.
The new measures are added to the deductions set out for the restoration of the building stock, including the ones for the buildings’ seismic risk reduction (Sismabonus) and energetic requalification (Ecobonus). Among the new measures, you can opt for an advance contribution in the form of a discount offered by providers of goods or services, or, alternatively, for the assignment of the credit equivalent to the due deduction. In this case a notification for the exercise of the option will be mandatory. The form that should be filled out and uploaded online is the one approved with the October 12th 2020 provision.
WHO IT CONCERNS
Superbonus is applied to measures carried out by:
- • apartment buildings
- • individuals, not involved in business, arts or professional activities, owning or holding the building involved in the works
- • individuals, not involved in business, arts or professional activities, owning (or co-owning together with other individuals) buildings constituted by two to four distinct housing units
- • Autonomous Institutes Public Housing (IACP) or other institutions which meet the requirements of the european legislation regarding “in house providing”. For those subjects, the relief concerns the expenses incurred until December 31st 2023 if works representing at least 60% of the whole project have been made not later than June 30th 2023
- • Associations of undivided ownership housing
- • Non-profit organizations, volunteering associations and social promotion associations
- • Associations and amateur sport companies, solely in relation to works intended for the sole properties or properties’ portions used as changing rooms.
Ires subjects fall within the beneficiaries only in the case of participation to the expenses for main works carried out on apartment buildings’ communal areas.
- MAIN OR LEADING WORKS
Superbonus is due in cases of:
- • works of thermic isolation on enclosures
- • replacement of winter heating systems in communal areas
- • replacement of winter heating systems in single-family buildings or in housing units of functionally-indipendent multifamily buildings
- • antiseismic measures: the deduction, already set out by Sismabonus, is increased to 110% for the expenses incurred between July 1st 2020 and December 31st 2021
- SUPPLEMENTARY MEASURES
Besides the main works listed above, the Superbonus also includes the expenses related to works carried out alongside at least one of the main works of thermic isolation, winter heating systems replacement or seismic risk reduction. These works are
- • Energetic efficency measures
- • Installation of solar photovoltaic modules
- • Electric vehicles charging stations
- • Measures for the elimination of architectural barriers (16-bis, e) letter of the TUIR).
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES
The deduction is applicable in the measure of 110%, to be distributed among the rightholders in the form of 5 annual quotas of the same amount, within the limits of the annual tax deriving from the tax return.
As an alternative to the direct fruition of the deduction, it is possible to opt for an advance contribution in the form of a discount offered by providers of goods or services (invoice discount), or, alternatively, for the assignment of the credit equivalent to the due deduction.
The assignment of the credit can be provided in favor of:
- • providers of the goods and services that are necessary for the realization of the works
- • other entities (individuals, even if working autonomously or in an enterprise, companies and institutions)
- • credit institutions and financial intermediaries.
The entities which receive the credit can, themselves, assign it.
This possibility also concerns works
- • for the restoration of the building stock (letters a), b) and h) of TUIR, article 16-bis)
- • for the restoration and renovation of existing buildings’ facade (facade bonus, art. 1, paragraphs 219 and 220 of the December 27th 2019 law n. 160)
- • for the installation of electric vehicles charging stations (art. 16-ter of the 2013 legislative decree n. 63).
To exercise the option, in addition to the duties usually required to obtain the deductions, the contributor must also have
- • the seal of approval of the data related to the documentation, provided by the intermediaries authorized to the electronic trasmission of the statements (accountants, bookkeepers, labour consultants) and by CAFs
- • l’technical assertion related to energetic efficiency and seismic risk reduction works, that states the observation of the technical requirements needed for the tax reliefs and the conformity of the expenses incurred for the realization of the above-mentioned works.
fonte: Decreto Legge n.59 del 6 maggio 2021
For further details: October 12th 2020 provision